Rejection meets Surrounded
This post was hard to write! I have an awesome accountability partner who just encourages me when it comes to this blog. He sends me a text when he doesn’t see a post. I kept saying I am writing, I am writing but full confession I have been struggling this week. This past weekend a guy that I really liked rejected me. He looked at me and informed me that he would never date me. Now there is some context to this story. I do not believe that he was trying to be mean but what he said still really hurt me. So this all sounds probably a little childish...I know. However, in this post, I am going to be super transparent. I struggle with rejection from men. When I like someone and they reject me it just hurts. I get really down on myself when it happens. I would love to tell you that I handled it well and gave it to God. That I forgave this gentleman and just kept on going with life. I did not. I did not handle this rejection well at all. I am not sure if I am going to start a series on handling rejection yet. I am still working on handling it better, however, I will share one thing that I learned from this experience.
It is really important who you surround yourself with. Over the last couple of months, my friendship circled has changed. I have been a little bit more strategic in who I let in. You have to surround yourself with people who will support you by speaking the voice of the Lord into your situation. Your recovery time from a hurt will shorten if you choose to surround yourself with people who will speak words that breathe hope. When I got hurt, I called a friend who let me cry, let me get mad, and then proceeded to remind me of who God says I am and what He thinks about me. She reminded me of the lie the enemy wants me to believe about myself and then prayed against that lie. This post is short. I am still learning and processing. I am still working through some things but one thing I know I got right was who I chose to help walk with me. That is the first step to victory over this thing!
Comments
Post a Comment