Loneliness Part Two



 So this year I have experienced loneliness on a level that I've never thought I would experience. These posts over the next couple of weeks are going to be partly me sharing my journey through overcoming loneliness and partly me just sharing where I've been at this year. Last year around this time our country was hit with a pandemic and my state shutdown. for me, this was a personal hell. I am an extrovert to my core. I love being around people! I live by myself in a house that I adore. In fact one of the things I'm most proud of as a single girl is that I'm a homeowner. But those days, weeks, hours, months…when I was required to be in this house by myself were so so hard. I felt such depression and loneliness. I really don't have words to explain how I felt. I imagine that sometimes as single people we often feel lonely probably not to the level that I was feeling during the pandemic shut down but on some level loneliness just happens when you're a single person. So in today's post, I want to share one of the things that I did to overcome loneliness.


 One care for overcoming loneliness is finding something that you love. The shutdown caused me to take a look at my life and explore this.  II really started thinking about what are things that I really love. In this case, I'm not talking about people. I am talking about stuff, hobbies, pastimes. You get it. What are things that I enjoy doing? I am glad you asked. For me, I have a deep love for makeup! So one of the things that I did during the shutdown was I watched makeup tutorial after makeup tutorial after makeup tutorial. I just had fun! It's true I wasn't going anywhere, no one was going to see my makeup, well except maybe the pictures that I sent my mom...  LOL. The truth is I just had fun playing in makeup. It gave me such JOY! Something else that I found I really enjoyed was running. I really love running! I am not the fastest runner in the world, however, I just enjoy going for a run. I find that it helps relax me. When I run I jam out to the good stuff. I am talking Queen Latifah, Biggie, Tupac, Mariah Carey...Running gives me a place to think. It gives me a chance to be alone with my thoughts, and I find myself being able to tap into the creative parts of me because I actually took time to just think, imagine, and wonder. I started reading again. I am a book worm..or I use to be...Over the last couple of years, I stopped taking time to read. During my lonely season, I started exploring authors and reading different genres. It has been a great journey. I started experimenting in the kitchen. I am still not the best cook but I have added some fun things to my repertoire.


So if you are feeling lonely take a breath. Take this season as a chance to explore what you love. You may even find something you love that you didn’t know you loved.



Here are some link that I explored during my lonely season:

Makeup tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0vmSrOzu8&t=633s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPTPjb_jlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB_Kx6T3wq4&list=PLGGUnSY-rz5V5RyMgytDZN2S4JA4jdLOV&index=11



Recipes:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4tAgeVdaNB5vD_mBoxg50w

I am obsessed with picking a recipe on Pinterest and giving it a try!


Comments

Popular Posts