Loneliness Part One

 Loneliness can literally be a very painful emotion. And the last couple of weeks I have really been struggling with loneliness. I am single. I am the definition of single! I live alone well I live with my amazing dog Phoebe. But outside of Phoebe, I'm in this house with no other human being. During the early stages of the pandemic, there were times when I have felt so incredibly isolated. This was particularly hard for me because I have a personality that craves people! I'm an extrovert to the fullest! What made it particularly difficult is that I don't necessarily have to be around people. What I mean is I'm perfectly fine getting out and doing something where there a large crowds that fulfills the extrovert tendencies in me. When the pandemic first started everything shut down where I lived. So was stuck in the house and ergo I felt so isolated. I faced with a really real question. What do you do when you're really lonely? Like it's not an emotion or something in your head. What do you do when you’re really truly in a season of life where you are alone. Don't get me wrong I had moments of being able to spend time with friends. But overall that season of my life was a truly lonely season. So what do you do? How do you deal with feelings of loneliness? I want to spend the next couple of posts exploring how to deal with loneliness. Just as a reminder I am not an expert, I'm not a counselor, I'm not a licensed therapist. What I'm sharing in this post are my personal experiences. There are things that I feel the Holy Spirit dropped in my heart that helped me through that time. My first suggestion that I will explore in this post is exercise! Yep, that's what I said exercise. I have found that getting out and moving is a great way to just feel good. So I'm going to share some of the exercises that I've been doing that have helped me. Again please remember I am no guru I'm just sharing what I've been doing.


Number 1:

Running!  So for me going on a run makes me feel strong and powerful. Running is a challenging exercise so if I could get through two or three miles I totally feel like I've overcome something. Afterward, I just feel this Rush of Joy. Granted it could be that I'm feeling good because I'm done running and my body is saying thank God. I like to think that it's more of a feeling of accomplishment. The entire time I'm running I'm thinking I just want to stop, I just want to stop. So again I feel accomplished when I don't stop and I complete whatever goal I set for myself. Also, just throwing it out there running does a killer job for your legs.


 Number 2:

 Lifting! YYEESSS honey! I said lifting! I like to get in a gym, pick up some weights, and start building some muscle!. I get satisfaction when I wake up the next day and I feel a little sore. Again, I am not an exercise guru. I also have a friend that keeps me accountable in the process and share tips and ideas. There are tons of videos on YouTube that can help you out if you want to know more about lifting. Again, it does wonders for your body LOL!


Number 3:

 kayaking! I just discovered kayaking. But I have fallen in love with it. It gives you a really good arm workout and it's peaceful. When I go kayaking I put in some headphones, listen to worship music or a book on  Audible, and enjoy the beautiful scenery around me. Kayaking is a great way to just kind of escape and enjoy the beautiful nature that God created.



Number  4:

HIIT Workouts! I don't really love HITT workouts because they're hard. But when I'm done just like running I feel accomplished. 



That's all I really have to say about those, however, Here are links to some really good HITT workouts that I  found on YouTube.

HIIT Links:

Full Body HIIT

30 Minute HIIT Cardio Workout + Abs At Home - With Warmup | SELF

Day 4 Home Workout Challenge // CARDIO + ABS (No Equipment)


If you are lonely I get it! It's hard, it feels unfair, and it can feel downright depressing. First I want to tell you you're not alone. Secondly, I want to tell you that God sees you, loves you, understands you, and has a purpose for you in the season of loneliness. Lastly, get moving start exercising. I'm totally promoting exercising right now because it's a great way to tackle loneliness. Know that I'm praying for you and that I'm with you in this battle against loneliness also know that we will have the victory.



Song on the Playlist

Story I Will Tell!



Comments

Popular Posts