Rejection your lies are finished!
So I am talking about rejection! What a horrible word. I am just being honest. For me rejection is the worst. It affects me in a really negative way. I have been working really hard on overcoming this struggle. These next couple of posts are just me sharing what I am learning in this journey. Lesson 2 in my journey is all about a lie being exposed. Rejection makes you think that it is hopeless and there are no more options.Have you ever felt that? Let’s say that a guy rejects you, your first thought becomes "no guy will ever like me. I am rejected by every guy. There are no good guys out there and if they do exist they won’t like me". Now as I write those words I can't help but think this sounds crazy but these are thoughts that I have had. These are thoughts I have had recently. Maybe it isn't a guy, maybe it’s a job. You don’t get a job you really wanted, worked hard for. You don’t get it and the first thought is “I am a failure, no one will ever hire me, I am not that smart, creative, worthy, ect… That is the lie of rejection. Rejection will tell you that there is no hope. Rejection will tell you to just give up. Rejection can suck the fight, the faith right out of you. So how do we tackle this? Here are my suggestions:
You already know what I am going to say...LOL. Let’s hit the scripture! Get armed with some scriptures that will feed your spirit and give you hope. I literally googled scriptures that talk about hope. I pulled these from https://dailyverses.net/hope
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11
Worship...Yep you heard me or read me rather...worship during those times when rejection seems like it is winning. There is a great sermon by Bill Johnson on this. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VO0aa_2AG0&t=1927s)
Speak to the lie...I literally want you to speak to that lie and feeling of no hope. Tell it and you that there is hope. That you are not going to stop trusting God. Why because Jesus has a plan and he has got you!
Soundtrack to this post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9UL26gaelQ
Comments
Post a Comment