Emotional Tizzy
What do you do when your emotions feel off and in a Tizzy? Do you like that word “Tizzy”? Y’all that is what I have been feeling the last couple of months: Emotional Tizzy. What’s Emotional Tizzy? I’m glad that you asked...or read...There are times when my emotions are all over the place. I literally feel like I am going to lose my mind. I feel like my thoughts are jumbled. I feel like I can’t focus. During this time I was also going crazy in my career. My goals didn’t make sense to anyone, including me. This was a big deal because I have never been an all-over that map type of person, at least, in this particular area. I was so so unhappy with my life. It felt like something was missing and I didn't know what. Also, I cried all the time! Just out of the blue...tears! Are you with me ladies and gentlemen? Emotional Tizzy...that was me in a nutshell. Okay, so I have shared my problem with you. How did I survive? A better question is how did the people around me survive? How did I go from Tizzy to calm seas?
Well, first let me give this disclaimer, I am not a doctor or a counselor. What I am getting ready to share is based on my own personal experience. My hope is that you will read this and be encouraged. Now having said that here goes…
Make an attempt to identify what is causing your emotions to go in a Tizzy. What is upsetting you? A bad relationship? An unclean house? A bill that needs to be paid? What is the root cause of your negative emotions? Name it and don’t be afraid to own it. I have stopped telling myself that the cause of what upset me is stupid. Here’s the thing, what upset you is only stupid to others but it matters to you. If it wasn’t important to you it wouldn’t be upsetting you in the first place. For me, it was a job issue. Once identified that I was able to better handle my emotions and thoughts I was particularly able to channel my emotions in the correct way. (Also, for the ladies please beware that as women we do deal with hormones. This can cause you to feel out of sorts. I recommend this book *It has some amazing encouragement for us!) Identify what is upsetting you and face it head-on.
Do what brings you peace! Take time for yourself. Let me repeat this! Take. Time. For. Yourself! I take at least 30 minutes out of my day to read to have PEACE Time. This is my time to checkout. I read a book, watch a movie, scroll through social media, work on this blog, have quiet time, go to the gym or go on a run, ect..These things all bring me peace and help calm my emotions. Over the last couple of months, I realized that I wasn’t taking time to do this. For me, the best time to do this is in the morning before I start the craziness of my day or before bed.
Talk to someone you trust! Talk to a friend, family member that you know will be honest with you. I am very much a verbal processor so talking with someone is always helpful for me. If you need to don’t be afraid to talk to a counselor or therapist. I have made the decision to do that. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
Spend time with the Lord. Yep, Jesus and I roll deep! I take time to pray, read my Bible and worship! Y'all I see a change in how I process my emotions when I do this. That time with God keeps me in a happy place. When things arise that overwhelm me I go to Jesus. I pray, pull up scriptures that apply to what I am dealing with, and get lost in some good worship music (Elevation Worship, Bethel Worship, and Upperroom are some of my favorites).
Soundtrack for this Entry:
Upperroom’s Surround
Books recommendation:
What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms
Angie Smith
Comments
Post a Comment