What do you mean you don't like me? I am awesome!


It really sucks when you like someone and they don’t like you back! What sucks even more (this is my personal favorite) they don’t like you but they just adore you friend (major ouch!), or they fall for someone who you know is no good for them but they don’t know or don’t care (double ouch!).  I have a simple solution for this problem. Ready? Here goes: Take a moment and thank God! Okay, I know what you are thinking “No offense girl but that is the most Christianese answer I have ever heard! You have lost your single chic mind! No worries, I do not take offense! Let me repeat myself when someone does not return your affections take a minute to be sad, frustrated, hurt, and maybe even angry! You earned those emotions, but also take a moment to thank God! Here’s why:
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
This is a promise from the Lord that all things not some things but all things work out for those who love the Lord. I memorized this verse as a kid. I have quoted it a thousand times and every time missed a key part. God works out every thing for our good. He has a personal hands on approach with his kids. He does not leave our lives to chance or fate. He personally gets involved in your situations and works it out for our good. So if Mr. Hot Stuff does not like you it’s okay! He just wasn’t the one for you but your one is coming. God knew this was not what was best for you and now he is working it out for your good. If Ms. Thing was not feeling your vibes, not a problem! God is working it out for your good! If that person does not like you great! If they do like you great! Either way you win because God is working it out for your good. He loves you and wants the best for you ( don't believe me then check out Jeremiah 29:11). If we are willing to surrender our lives to his will he will keep us from people and situations that may not be good for us. My mother always says God will keep you if you want to be kept. Life does not always go the way we plan but we can trust the one who wrote the plan. Here is my challenge to you: memorize Romans 8:28. Apply to your day. Post your testimony in the comment section. Let’s encourage one another!

Comments

Popular Posts