What Have I been Eating?
This last week has not been a good week for my heart. Depression over my single state started taking over and worry started to make a home in my mind. I started hearing the same old lies...You are getting older... you personality stinks...you are not as pretty as you thought!LIES, LIES and MORE LIES! Those lies were not even my main problem. The main problem was I had nothing to fight them with. I have spent this last week eating what I call spiritual junk food. For example, instead of reading my Bible during my free time I have been reading a Nicholas Sparks novel. Instead of the usual worship music playing in my car I have been jamming to Bruno Mars. Now I am not saying that either one of those things are bad in themselves, however, the honest truth is that they only feed my flesh and not my spirit. When I woke up this morning I made a choice to seek out something that would feed my Spirit man.So I spent this morning focusing on God's Promises to me, I read a couple of articles online about singleness, and allowed the Holy Spirit to encourage me. Depression... take that!!!! Singles sometimes you are going to feel down about your current state. It's okay it happens! However, sometimes you have to ask yourself, "What have I been eating?"
Wow ... I know this blog is for women, but reading this is pretty awesome because a lot of people don't realize how what they "eat" feeds their thoughts and actions in every way. I will never tell a woman how to be a woman (but I will try to encourage people to be better people) because I feel like that is never my place, but I can say that as people, we definitely need to understand that fine difference between dreaming and reality. That balance is going to help us understand and follow our path better and not be so easily distracted, or overly focused on the things that have very little relevance ... This was a refreshing read, even for me as a man (Haha).
ReplyDelete