Confession Number Two: I Would Like to Compromise.
Several of my single friends have committed the Big C. Why can’t I? I am not talking about an “I wanted a doctor but I settled for a cashier at Wendy’s” kind of compromise. I am talking about a “he is not saved or maybe he is saved but the last time he read his Bible was…” type of compromise. Have you ever felt that your single friends who accepted less than God’s best for their lives got the better deal? Yes, the guy may not be able to pray them through a rough spot in their lives or remind them of how awesome God’s promises really are, but at least they are not lonely on a Saturday night. I have felt this way so many times! To be honest I felt this way today. The Holy Spirit, being the awesome God he is, whispered two reminders in my ear.
Reminder one:
Galatians 6:9-Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
This is God’s big cheerleading scripture for the single’s heart! DO NOT give up, Do Not Compromise! Yes, people around you may agree to date that unsaved guy. Yes, the world may laugh at your choice not sleep with the really hot girl who was offering an open invitation. Yes, their may be times where waiting on God feels and looks dumb. However, God’s Word promises that we will reap a harvest. For all us who are not farmers, the word harvest equals crazy blessings!
Reminder two:
Jesus has been there.
Okay this brings me crazy hope because sometimes I feel like, “God you just don’t get it!” That is a huge lie because God gets it like you would not believe! Check out Luke 22:42-“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” Jesus was about to face both the worst death and the greatest victory the world has ever known. Take note that before the victory came the death. There was waiting, there was pain, there was embarrassment, and there was frustration. Soon, however, came victory!
Do not give up friends! Do not compromise! Wait on God because his promises never fail!
Comments
Post a Comment